Join the Bison Battalion

The following will provide the basic means to join our program. If you have questions or are interested please contacting us! We also have many different types of scholarships available for all types of membership, to read about them click here.

High School Students

  More information about four year scholarships can be found at Go Army. These sholarships can be applied toward tuition and fees or room and board. No commitment to the Army is made until a scholarship is fully accepted.

  If you are interested in just participating in ROTC with no military obligation, it is as simple as registering for a college class. During initial enrollment at North Dakota State Univeristy, be sure to register for MS 101. Students attending through Tri-College at MSUM or Concordia may also be able to participate in Army ROTC through Tri-College enrollment.

  If you have any questions or would like further information, feel free to contact us.

College Students

  If you’ are interested in joining Army ROTC and you are already in college, you can begin by participating in the Army ROTC Basic Course by enrolling in MS 101. If you have two or more years remaining toward your undergraduate degree, but not enough time to complete the Army ROTC Basic Course, you may enter the Advanced Course upon completion of the Leader’s Training Course at Ft. Knox, KY. The Leader’s Training Course is for college students who want to complete Army ROTC training in two years (usually the final two years of college). Scholarships are also often available for current college students and may cover up to 2 or 3 years of tuition and fees or room and board. Please contact us for more information about joining Army ROTC as a current college student.

Graduate Students

  If you are interested in joining Army ROTC as a graduate student, you may be eligible to attend the Leader’s Training Course and participate in the Advanced Course during your final two years as a graduate student. Please contact us for more information about joining Army ROTC as a graduate student.

Prior Military Service

  Soldiers who are currently in the National Guard or U.S. Army Reserve can participate in the Army ROTC through the Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP). Cadets in the SMP serve as Officer trainees in the Reserve or National Guard while completing college. SMP Cadets can earn their Reserve/Guard pay and benefits in addition to Army ROTC allowances.

  Soldiers who are currently on Active Duty may be eligible for Green-to-Gold programs or other scholarship opportunities to complete college and earn their commission as an Officer.

  Please contact us for more information about joining Army ROTC as a Soldier with prior military experience.