Biological Sciences Graduate Student Association (BSGSA)
Who we are?
Biological Sciences Graduate Student Association at NDSU exists:
To serve as a representative body for the Department of Biological Sciences graduate students.
To promote fellowship among graduate students in the Department of Biological Sciences.
To investigate and propose solutions to problems unique to graduate students in the Department of Biological Sciences, leading to an enhanced graduate student experience for current and future members.
To serve as a channel of communication between graduate students, staff, faculty and administration.
To provide volunteer service to the community, the university, and other educational organizations.
While most of our members call the Department of Biological Sciences home, membership is open to any student at NDSU.
What we do?
- Northern Plains Biological Symposium
- Darwin Day Celebration
- Biological Graduate Academic and Professional Support (GAPS) group
- Governor's School Kids Program
- Student Awards (Travel, Grad student achievement)
- Sheila Kath Award
- Various types of university and community outreach with a focus on conservation issues, K-12 science education, and increasing women in science
President: Tara Slominski
Vice President: Katie Needham
Secretary: Rachel Salter
Treasurer: Nik Snyder
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Ned Dochtermann