NDSU is committed to making sure that students succeed throughout their college career and beyond. Therefore, financial literacy, as well as money and debt management education, is very important.
The NDSU Office of Student Financial Services has five main goals for our students:
- Understand how to budget and manage your personal finances;
- Adhere to sensible borrowing of student loans and understand your repayment obligations;
- Build credit without incurring credit card debt;
- Protect your identity;
- Create a money management plan to follow when you graduate.
To help you achieve the goals above, there is an abundance of information available online. Depending on your interests and learning style, you can search for resources that best fit your needs.
- National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) to keep track of your loan debt and who your loan servicers are.
- Loan Calculator estimates what your monthly loan payment will be and determines the approximate salary you'll need to earn to affordably make the payment.
- Top 5 money saving tips for college students:
- Take advantage of free or inexpensive events on campus
- Comparison shop- generic products are very similar to brand names but at a fraction of the price
- Find a bank with totally free checking for students
- Buy used textbooks rather than new, if they're available
- Create a budget and stick to it
NDSU Dept. 2836
P.O. Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050
866-924-8969 (toll free)
*If emailing or leaving a voice message please leave your
Student Name, ID# and Phone Number