Accounting, Finance & Information Systems Department
The AFIS Department can lead you to a successful career in these fields. We offer BS degrees in Accounting, Finance, and Management Information Systems, as well a Master of Accountancy degree and minors in Accounting, MIS and Fraud Examination.
According to the National Association of Colleges and Employers, accounting, finance and management information systems (MIS) graduates are heavily in demand from wide range of organizations and receive among the highest starting salaries in the nation.
The AFIS Dept. offers you more than just a degree, though. Along with a strong educational foundation in the major of your choice, here are just a few of the opportunities that AFIS offers to improve your professional skills and set you apart from graduates of other programs:
- Nationally recognized programs in forensic accounting and fraud investigation
- State of the art computer forensics facilities
- Highest CPA exam pass-rate in ND
- Internships - more than 200 student with 62 employers during the last two years
- A student-managed investment fund with more than $1 million in assets
Join professions that are integral to the global flow of commodities, services, information and money!
The AFIS Dept. is accredited through the College of Business by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, which places it in the top 5 percent of business schools worldwide.