Tim O. Peterson, PhD
Professor of Management
Discovery, Applied, and
Teaching & Learning Scholarship
Our accrediting body calls for three types of scholarship: Discovery, Applied, and Teaching and Learning. My discovery scholarship is in the area of managerial leadership behaviors. My applied scholarship is in the area of followership behaviors in the health care field. My teaching and learning scholarship is in the area of the psychological impact of grading on students' behaviors.
I am currently working on a manuscript on the critical managerial leadership behaviors required in routine and crisis situations, which is an extension of my earlier research. On the applied front, my co-author and I are working on the impact of employee engagement on corporate social responsibility. In the area of scholarship of teaching and learning, I am finalizing a manuscript on the impact of academic hardiness on student performance.
- Over 200 journal and conference papers with three best papers and one best symposium at the Academy of Management.
- Invited to speak on the critical managerial leadership behaviors required in a crisis at the International Emergency and Catastrophe Management Conference and Exhibit, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Article on the legacy of Robert L. Katz has been read over 2,000 times by students.
- Over 400 citations of my research.
- As part of my Scholarship of Teaching and Learning work, I have done over 40 invited presentations on teaching and learning at regional, national, and international organizations to include invited sessions for the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.