- If your internship is a paid position you will sign up for MIS 397 credits. To sign up for MIS 397 credits you need contact Katherine Nelson at the Career Center. The Career Center will have several forms that will need to be filled out. At least one of these forms will need to be signed by your advisor.
- A minimum of 300 hours of work are required to meet the MIS practicum requirement in a paid position.
- You are required to submit a written report on your intern experience to your advisor. It is recommended that you keep a journal or log of your intern experience to aid in writing this report.
- After you have completed you intern experience you will need:
- Contact the career Center and complete the post experience forms that were given when you signed up for the intern credits.
- Insure that your employer turns in a performance evaluation.
- Submit your intern report to your advisor.
- IMPORTANT: If you have financial aid or will graduate at the end of the semester, you must turn in your report before the last day of the semester.
Note: If your internship is unpaid, be sure to talk to your MIS adviser first.
Who's hiring MIS students
For an up-to-date list of current job postings for MIS, check out the MIS CAREERlink Job Board.
Companies who have hired MIS students for internships or full time positions:
Ability Building Center
Auto-Owners Insurance Company
Border States Electric
Cooperstown Medical Center
CoreLink Administrative Solutions
Coteau Properties Company
Essentia Health (FKA Innovis Health)
ND Air National Guard
NDSU College of Business
NDSU Department of Plant Science
NDSU Information Technology Services
NDSU TRiO/Veterans Upward Bound
NISC (National Information Solutions Cooperative)
Northrop Grumman Corp.
NorthStar Technology Group, Inc.
Prairie Public Broadcasting
R.J. Ahmann Company
RTS (Restaurant Technology Services)
The Falkirk Mining Company
The Toro Company
Tuffy's Pet Foods
UPS - United Parcel Service
US Bank - MN
VA Medical Center (Fargo)