Welcome to the College of Business
We are a Student Focused, Land-Grant, Research University, and we consider each of those items to be vitally important in the opportunities that we provide for our students and in the interactions that we have with our community, state, and the global business community. NDSU’s business program is accredited by the AACSB International accrediting body. This is the most highly recognized professional accreditation earned in business and held by less than 5% of the world’s business schools.
“Goals can discover your best talents, skills and abilities. Apply them where they will make the most effective contribution to your fellow men and women.” –Richard H. Barry
The business community of Fargo/Moorhead/West Fargo is one of the hottest entrepreneurial cultures in the nation and is supported by a thriving state and regional economy. In 2009, NDSU made the intentional decision to place business at the heart of that thriving business community moving into Richard H. Barry Hall in downtown Fargo. Barry Hall is home to state-of-the-art technology and programs designed to provide our students and faculty with the resources they will need to make an effective contribution to their fellow men and women.
Here are just a few aspects of the College of Business at NDSU that I’m particularly proud of:
· Our faculty leaders in the professions of Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Management, Information Systems, and Marketing have outstanding networks that assist students by providing internship and job placement opportunities.
· Our Center for Global Initiatives provides preparation for the economy beyond our borders through life-changing study abroad experiences in Ireland, Europe, the United Arab Emirates, and Asia, as well as coursework in global business.
· Our Center for Professional Selling & Sales Technology is recognized by the Sales Education Foundation (SEF) as one of the top sales programs in the nation and is the only center of its kind in the ND university system. Students from sales programs average 2.8 job offers before graduation.
· Our programs in Fraud Investigation and Forensic Accounting are becoming more and more sought after as there seem to be more and more ways for people to cheat electronically or otherwise.
· Our students manage the $1.25 million Bison Fund. Meeting in the state-of-the-art Commodity Trading Room, our students manage the university’s high-performing investment fund. This is just one example of real life experiences that prepare our students for their futures.
· Business career opportunities in the region are expected to far exceed the number of graduates during the next five years and beyond. Our students are prepared to succeed in national and international arenas, whether they are working in an established business or establishing their own venture.
Please, see what we have to offer. View our site. Come and visit us.
Jane Schuh, interim Dean
NDSU College of Business
For additional information about the College of Business, please contact:
College of Business, Dean’s Office
102 Richard H. Barry Hall
NDSU Dept 2400, PO Box 6050
Fargo ND 58108-6050
To schedule a campus visit, please contact:
Office of Admissions
Ceres Hall 114
NDSU Dept 230, PO Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050