The global economy offers a vast array of career opportunities for professionals with a collegiate education in business. Businesses need individuals who not only understand the fundamentals of business practice, but who can compete effectively in an increasingly sophisticated and complex world. The business administration program has evolved to meet the needs of business firms and students by providing our students with a broad knowledge base in economics, accounting, management, marketing, management information system and finance – with a blend of theory and practice.
The demand for business administration professionals has been strong in the past decade and is projected to be strong in the next decade, as there is constant need for professionals to operate day-to-day business and organizational activities.
COMMON CAREER TITLES
- Administrative Service Manager
- Retail Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Industrial Production Manager
- Operations Manager
- Business Analyst
- Medical and Health Services Manager
- Small Business Owner
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION-RELATED PROFESSIONALS
- Establish and carry out departmental or organizational goals, policies and procedures
- Direct and oversee an organization’s budgetary activities
- Manage general activities related to making products and providing services
- Negotiate or approve contracts and agreements
- Analyze financial statements, sales reports and other performance indicators
- Consult with other executives, staff and board members about general operations
- Identify places to cut costs and to improve performance, policies and programs
THE BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION MAJOR AT NDSU
The four-year program is carefully designed to ensure students are well equipped for the highly competitive global marketplace and have the flexibility to tailor their program to fit their specific area of interest, such as entrepreneurship, management, marketing or sales.
A minor in business administration can be a perfect choice for students with non-business majors who want to enhance their marketability through business knowledge and skills.