The management curriculum has been designed carefully to ensure students will be well equipped for the demand of today’s business and organizational landscapes. Management is an exciting and ever-developing field, and our students are supported by curriculum that fosters critical thinking, interpersonal and communication skills, leadership, analytic skills and global awareness. Students have an option to take the human resource management track through this major.
The employment growth of the management occupations is expected to continue into the next decade with new organizations being formed and others expanding. The need for planning, organizing, leading, communication and evaluating results by management-related professionals is needed.
COMMON CAREER TITLES
- Administrative Services Manager
- Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Manager
- Agriculture Manager
- Bank Relationship Manager
- Compensation and Benefits Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Supply Chain and Operations Manager
- Social and Community Services Manager
- General Manager
- Project Manager
- Analyze data to determine effectiveness of programs
- Supervise staff who provide services to clients
- Develop and manage budgets for programs and organizations
- Suggest and carry out improvements to programs and services
- Design and oversee programs to meet the needs of the target audience or community
THE MANAGEMENT MAJOR AT NDSU
The management major is a four-year program that leads to a Bachelor of Science degree. It provides students with a broad base of knowledge in the various functional areas of business. This prepares students with a complete understanding of how to plan, organize, lead and control any type of organization. Students also have the option to take the human resource management track through this major.