Marketing is a primary function of organizations to ensure the needs of customers and external constituents are met. The curriculum is carefully designed to ensure students have understanding of how to successfully manage products, price, place and promotion, and have analytical and interpersonal skills. The Center of Professional Selling and Sales Technology offers students a certificate in professional selling, a career-enhancing opportunity for students from any major.
Marketing skills and competencies are in high demand and employment growth is expected to continue into the next decade.
COMMON CAREER TITLES
- Advertising and Promotion Manager
- Pricing Specialist
- Market Research Analyst
- Convention and Event Planner
- Purchasing Agent
- Retail Manager
- Brand Manager
- Monitor and forecast marketing and sales trends
- Analyze data using statistical software
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing programs and strategies
- Gather data about consumers, competitors and market conditions
- Convert complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs and written reports
- Prepare reports and present results to clients or management
THE MARKETING MAJOR AT NDSU
The marketing major is a four-year program that leads to a Bachelor of Science degree. The major provides students with a broad base of knowledge in the various functional areas of business. It prepares students with a complete understanding of how to successfully manage the marketing mix: product, price, place and promotion.