Sales Certificate Application
Center for Personal Selling & Sales Technology Certificate in Personal Selling
Please completely read the following information before submitting the application for a certificate in professional selling.
To be eligible for a certificate in professional selling, students must have at least a 2.50 cumulative grade point average and junior standing (60 credits). The form must be completed and submitted in order to declare a certificate in professional selling.
- An application for the certificate must be completed and submitted to the Center for Professional Selling and Sales Technology within the College of Business.
- If possible, the application for the certificate should be made before students begin the MRKT 430: Sales and Personal Selling course.
- To complete the certificate, students must earn at least a 2.50 grade point average that is based on the courses to satisfy the certificate requirements.
- If the CPGPA falls below the 2.50 after acceptance into the certificate program, the student will not be allowed to register for the CoB courses until the cumulative grade point average returns to 2.50 or above.
- Students are subject to the certificate requirements in effect during the year in which the certificate was approved.
- Students who are officially certificate applicants in the College of Business will be allowed to register during the “priority” period which is typically the first 14 days of registration.
- Certificate candidates must satisfy all course prerequisites.
- All internships must be approved by the Center for Professional Selling and Sales Technology three weeks before the internship begins.
- Approval for a certificate does not guarantee enrollment in a specific course.
Engagement in the Center for Professional Selling and Sales Technology
By honing one’s sales skills, students provide themselves with greater potential opportunities in participating in the marketplace. However, coursework alone, similar to any degree or certificate, does not ensure success. Internships, participation in extra-curricular activities, and professional networking also are critical. As such, the Center for Professional Selling and Sales Technology invites students to be highly active AND engaged in its activities and events.
By completing and submitting this application, I acknowledge that I have completely read the background information and requirements regarding the Certificate in Professional Selling. My intent is to pursue a certificate in personal selling and enroll in the Center for Professional Selling and Sales Technology. Additionally, the submittal of this form indicates my formal application for the Certificate in Professional Selling and my participation and engagement in the Center for Professional Selling and Sales Technology.