Beta Gamma Sigma
The International Honor Society
Beta Gamma Sigma is the international honor society serving business programs accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma is the highest recognition a business student anywhere in the world can receive in a business program accredited by AACSB International.
The Mission of the International Honor Society Beta Gamma Sigma is to encourage and honor academic achievement in the study of business, to foster personal and professional excellence, to advance the values of the Society, and to serve its lifelong members.
The Mission is supported by the five Objectives of the Society. These include:
- Encourage and honor high academic achievement by students of business and management through chapters in business programs accredited by AACSB International.
- Foster in Beta Gamma Sigma members an enduring commitment to the founding principles and values of the Society: honor and integrity, pursuit of wisdom, and earnestness.
- Support the advancement of business thought and practice to encourage lifelong learning.
- Enhance the value of Beta Gamma Sigma for students and alumni members in their professional lives.
- Advance the visibility and reputation of Beta Gamma Sigma.
Beta Gamma Sigma was established in 1913. It is the business equivalent of Phi Beta Kappa (the liberal arts honor society). The North Dakota State University chapter was chartered in May of 2002. Students who qualify for membership are the top 10 percent of baccalaureate students, and the top 20 percent of the graduate students.
In 2017 we inducted 33 students and one chapter honoree. Congratulations 2017 New Members!