A professional meeting to evaluate the qualifications of a prospective employee.
- BE PROFESSIONAL – Dress appropriately and arrive 10-15 minutes early to the interview. Remember the interview starts the moment you arrive on site. Come prepared with extra resumes and questions to ask the employer.
- RESEARCH COMPANY – Take the time to do research on the company before your interview. Also, be able to tell the recruiter why you want the particular job or how you fit the job description.
- USE THE STAR METHOD – Use specific examples when responding using Situation/Task, Action, Result.
- EYE CONTACT & NON VERBALS - Make eye contact with each member of the interview panel.
- FOLLOW-UP- Send a thank-you note to every member of the interview panel within 24 hours.
- Interviewing - Guidelines, Tips & Examples
- Includes information on behavior based; interviews, successful phone interviews, sample interview questions, and thank you etiquette
On-campus interviews (OCI) connects current BISON with employers from around the region and country that come to NDSU to recruit talent. On-campus interviews take place primarily during fall and spring semesters. All students enrolled in classes are eligible to participate in on-campus interviews (OCI).
- See Who's Interviewing On-Campus
(click on position title to login to CAREERlink to view details and apply)
- Employer Presentations
(click on specific networking session to login to CAREERlink for additional information and to RSVP)
The OCI Process