STUDENT INVOLVEMENT AND OPPORTUNITIES
The NDSU Counselor Education program is a student-focused program, and thus, we readily provide opportunities for students to become involved in a number of areas. Currently, we offer opportunities for students to:
- Participate in events sponsored by Chi Sigma Iota (the national honor society for counseling), such as advocating for diverse groups, partaking in wellness opportunities, and attending various student-organized events.
- Join and provide leadership in Chi Sigma Iota by attending leadership meetings, organizing events for the program, creating newsletters, and representing our local chapter on a national level.
- Collaborate in master's- or doctoral-level research with other students and faculty members.
- Attend, develop, and deliver presentations at local, state, and national counseling conferences.
- Participate in international service learning projects (e.g., Jamaica).
We are interested in and open to hearing your ideas as well!