Greetings CEE Bison Nation!
It’s been a wonderful year and we appreciate the opportunity to highlight some of the successes of our students and faculty. We’ve experienced a period of growth with many recently hired faculty members. Last year was also a time for our ABET accreditation visit, and our program once again achieved the highest standards for technical education. It’s an exciting time for the field of civil and environmental engineering, with 2018 projections from the USBLS of a median annual wage of $86,640, and job outlook from 2016-2026 of 32,200 new jobs, representing an increase of 11%.
The NDSU CEE Bison tradition is producing hands-on, can-do, project-ready graduates. Our students are highly sought by industry and typically have multiple internships during their summers. Our most recent group of 60 students who took the NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering examination this spring had an 88% pass rate, well above the 69% national average.
The CEE faculty are internationally recognized leaders who bring the latest methods and technologies into the classroom with frequent guest lectures from industry. Our program is supported by excellent administrative assistants, who support student learning opportunities and ensure quality educational opportunities for our students.
Our reputation is broadcast by highly successful alumni who are leaders in industry and government agencies. We are proud of the successes of CEE Bison graduates of our program.
The future of our discipline and our program is bright, and we appreciate the active involvement of alumni who contribute towards our collective successes. We welcome students who are interested in becoming prepared to solve emerging engineering problems and designing infrastructure solutions for society.
Go CEE Bison!
David R. Steward, Professor and Chair
More CEE News
- Engineering faculty recognized for teaching excellence
- NDSU researchers study North Dakota’s unique water resources
- Scholarship endowment established in honor of longtime professor
- NDSU CEE faculty member's research makes glass more predictable
- NDSU GeoWall Team Wins First Place Honors
- Dr. Ying, NSF CAREER recipient, appoint Welch Faculty Fellow
- Dr. Kalpana Katti and Dr. Zhibin Lin recognized for research excellence
- Distinguished Alumni Warren Walhaug receives College of Engineering Distinguished Alumni Award
- Dr. Wei Lin honored with American Water Works George Warren Fuller Award
- M.S. student Shree Paudel wins ITE Midwestern District Student Poster CompetitionDr. David Steward and research team receives OpenMI Award
- Alumni Kurt Lynse awarded ACEC 2018 Young Professional of the Year
- Dr. Kalpana Katti, Distinguished Professor, received Fred Waldron Research Award