Working in Native Directions (WIND)
The purpose of Working In Native Directions (WIND) is to (1) raise awareness of initiatives across NDSU that involve tribal communities and (2) provide a space for individuals leading these initiatives to collaborate and build potential partnerships.
Friday, January 22
- Introductions – everyone will be given the opportunity to introduce themselves and share any current efforts they are/have been involved in with Native communities.
- Presentation – Dereck Stonefish and Pearl Walker- Swaney will give a presentation on Summer Undergraduate Research Program that took place the summer of 2015 and plans for SURP 2016
- Get feedback on next meeting date/presentation which will occur in April
- Integrating Teaching Practice with TCUs and LGUs
- Tribal Transportation Outreach
- Historical Trauma
- Native American Boarding Schools: Education for Cultural Genocide - Dr. Denise Lajimodiere, Assistant Professor, NDSU School of Education
- American Indian Public Health Resource Center: Native Interest Group Meeting, February 26, 2015
If you would like to receive emails about WIND, feel free to join the list-serv.
To join send a message from email you would like added to Listserv@listserv.nodak.edu, leave the subject line empty. In the body of the message type SUB NDSU-WIND First Name Last Name; for example, SUB NDSU-WIND John Doe. You will receive a message confirming your subscription.