In our individual sessions, writer and consultant discuss anything that might help the writer (e.g., audience expectations, clarity of the writing, writer's purpose, grammar, models, the writing process). The writer brings disciplinary knowledge and an understanding of the assignment and expectations; the consultant brings a wealth of experience in writing and reviewing writing. The sessions are informal, non-evaluative, and free to NDSU students, faculty, and staff.
To schedule an appointment, click HERE
Note: We are using a new scheduling system.
Click on the link above. If it's your first visit, you will need to "Register for an account."
If you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undergraduate sessions are online or in person.
Making Undergraduate Appointments
During the regular academic year, undergraduate students may make two scheduled appointments (click on the link at the top of this page).
Canceling Undergraduate Appointments
You may cancel appointments by accessing the schedule where you made the appointment, clicking on the orange cell with your appointment, and clicking the "Cancel Appointment" button.
For assistance, email us at email@example.com.
We offer in-person and online sessions for graduate students.
Making Graduate Appointments
- You may make appointments up to three weeks in advance and until two hours before the session.
- You may make a maximum of one appointment per week.
- You may schedule appointments through the link at the top of this page (under 1-on-1 sessions).
- Contact us if you have any questions.
Canceling Graduate Appointments
- You may cancel appointments by accessing the schedule where you made the appointment, clicking on the orange cell with your appointment, and clicking the "Cancel Appointment" button.
- You must cancel at least 9 hours before your scheduled appointment.
- If you do not cancel your appointment at least 9 hours before and fail to show up, the appointment will be counted as a "no-show".
- If you fail to attend three appointments, you will no longer be able to make appointments and will need to contant us at firstname.lastname@example.org order to make one.
Note: These guidelines are to avoid last-minute cancellations. If the cancellation occurs early enough, we can offer the appointment time to another student.
Same-day Graduate Appointments
During the regular academic year, we limit scheduled appointments to one per week because we are serving some 2,000 graduate and professional students. If you would like to visit us more often, you can schedule "same-day" appointments by doing the following:
- On the morning of the day you wish to have another appointment for the week, check the schedule for availabilities.
- If you find an open session (white-colored cell), email the CFW (email@example.com) and request it.
We can help writers to do the following:
- Brainstorm topics and locate relevant information
- Focus, develop, and organize their ideas
- Analyze specific audiences
- Address readers' feedback
- Develop an appropriate voice
- Understand conventions in your discipline
- Integrate sources and data
- Write clearly
- Apply grammar and punctuation guidelines
- Document sources
We can help writers with the following documents:
- Class Papers & Projects
- Articles for Publication
- Grants and Proposals
- Speeches and Presentations
- Personal statements
- Resumes, CVs, and cover letters
We do not do the following:
- Allow students to drop off papers for proofreading and editing
- Work on documents not authored by the writer visiting the Center
- Write or rewrite papers for students
- Guarantee that a paper will (or should) receive a specific grade
- Criticize the assignment a student has been given