- Grammar Essentials. The Online Writing Lab at Excelsior College provides a humorous presentation of punctuation, parts of speech, and grammatical errors.
- English Grammar Guide. Education First provides a grammar overview and practice test geared for English Language Learners.
- Grammar. The Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL) provides extensive resources for native and non-native speakers of English.
- OWL Exercises. Purdue University provides online practice for sentence-level issues, including punctuation, spelling, structure, and style.)
- UW-Madison Writer's Handbook The University of Wisconsin-Madison Writing Center provides a useful reference for sentence-level issues.
- Writer Resources. The University of Illinois Writer's Workshop provides many useful resources, including Editing and Proofreading Strategies
- Visual Explanations of Each English Tense ThoughtCo provides a useful resource for English Language Learners to understand the difference between English verb tenses.
Videos, Slideshows, and Webinars
- The University of Florida Writing Studio provides a 2-part discussion of passive and active voice; each video is approximately 9 minutes long:
- The Excelsior College Online Writing Lab provides helpful slideshows:
- Webinars: Overview Walden University Writing Center provides a variety of free webinars--live and recorded--on many topics related to writing, such as this one about basic Grammar
- Grammar Videos The University of Florida Writing Program provides video presentations about grammatical concepts.
- Passive Voice (NDSU Center for Writers)
- Academic Phrasebank (The University of Manchester)
- The Academic Word List (Victoria University of Wellington School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies)
- As, because or since? (Cambridge Dictionary)
- Collins Dictionary
- Corpus of Contemporary American English (Brigham Young University)
- Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English
- The Oxford 3,000 (Oxford Learner's Dictionary--list of the 3,000 most important words to use in English)