Class notes 1970s
- Danny R. Hoffmann, BS ’74 animal science, was named the 2013 North Star Classic Livestock Honoree. A life-long farmer and livestock producer from Wheatland, N.D., he was honored for his commitment to the livestock industry in the state and a supporter of the North Star Classic since its beginning.
- Hillol Ray, MS ’77 civil engineering, has shared one of his poems, “Away But Not Apart,” with the NDSU Alumni Association and the NDSU Office of International Programs. It can be viewed at www.facebook.com/NDSU.InternationalAlum?ref=hl. He lives in Garland, Texas.
- Hillol Ray, MS ’77 environmental engineering, had his 2013 theme poem “Building Leadership: Embrace Cultural Values and Inclusion” selected for the State Equal Employment Manager (SEEM) Newsletter, published by the state headquarters of the Georgia Air National Guard in Marietta, Ga., as a part of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month Celebration in May. Ray is employed with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 6 in Dallas.
- Barbara (Grembowski) Wheeling, BS ’76 animal science, was named dean of the College of Business at Montana State University, Billings.
- Gregory W. Thompson, BS ’76, MS ’89 agricultural education, completed his term a as 2012-13 president of the American Association for Agricultural Education. He is a professor and department head in the College of Agricultural Sciences at Oregon State University for the past 17 years.