Information for Graduate Students
To Participate in Commencement
To be eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony, you must:
- Pass your final defense no later than May 3*.
- Submit your Report of Final Examination to the Graduate School by 5:00 p.m. on May 3.
*The Request to Schedule form must be submitted two weeks prior to the final defense. For example, if you plan to defend on May 3, you must submit your request form by April 19.
Cap and Gowns
- Graduate students must rent or purchase the appropriate cap and NDSU-specific green gown from the NDSU Bookstore.
- Commencement is a ceremony only. It does not signify that you have completed all of your degree requirements. Please go to www.ndsu.edu/gradschool/graduating_students/ for more information.
- You may only participate once in commencement for a given degree. You may participate in commencement beginning in the semester in which you defend (if by deadline), up through the semester in which you complete your degree requirements.