Students wishing to apply to the master's program must fulfill the following requirements for consideration:
- Students must hold a baccalaureate degree from a recognized university or college.
- Undergraduate G.P.A. must be at least 3.25 or equivalent.
- Students must have adequate study in mass communication or speech communication and show potential to undertake advanced study and research as evidenced by academic performance and experience.
If you fail to meet minimum requirements, but demonstrate potential for successful graduate study, you may be admitted as a provisional or conditional student. Students who demonstrate ability to succeed in graduate study may apply for full graduate standing after no more than 12 credits of work have been completed.
Applications must include:
- Three letters of recommendation
- GRE scores
- TOEFL scores (required for international applicants who do not meet the Graduate School's conditions for a waiver)
The department's TOEFL score minimum must total at least 600 paper-based, 250 computer-based, or 100 internet-based.
The department has set an October 15 and March 15 deadline for applications, although we will consider late submissions as well. Students wishing to be considered for graduate assistantships must submit by the above deadlines.
Applications must be made directly to the NDSU Graduate School.