Students should complete this form if they have
- tested positive for COVID-19 (students who are tested at NDSU Student Health Service do not need to complete this form), or they have
- been notified that they have been identified as a close contact to someone that has tested positive for COVID-19.
COVID-19 Student Reporting Form
The purpose of this form is to provide support to students and to assist the North Dakota Department of Health with Contract Tracing.
What if you feel sick?
People with COVID-19 have reported a wide range of symptoms, ranging from mild to severe illness.
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Students should check their temperature each day before coming to campus and stay home if they have a fever. Normal temperature should be less than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
This list does not include all possible symptoms. Check the CDC website for a current list of symptoms.
Contact health care
If you are experiencing symptoms, or if you have been in close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case, contact Student Health Service at 701-231-7331 or your health care provider.
Student Health Service offers COVID-19 testing to enrolled and eligible students. Go to their website for information on how to make an appointment. The ND Department of Health provides information for other testing locations within North Dakota.
- The CDC provides information for testing locations outside of North Dakota.
- Fargo Cass Public Health provides testing opportunities.
- Moorhead’s Clay County provides testing opportunities.
Test results and close contacts
If you are a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID 19, follow guidelines from ND Department of Health available here.
If you test positive for COVID 19:
- Follow guidelines from ND Department of Health available here.
- Use this link to notify NDSU. The information will be used to support you.
- If you are unable to attend class, you should email your instructors to let them know and ask how you can make up the missed time or whether a hyflex option will be available.
- If you are unable to contact your instructors due to a personal emergency or severe illness, please contact the Dean of Students Office at 701-231-7701 and request a Class Absence Notification to inform your instructors.
- If you have other questions not answered here, please contact the Dean of Students Office for assistance.
If a student reports to an instructor that they are positive for COVID-19, the instructor should ask the student to complete the online reporting form. Instructors may notify students of their possible exposure and refer them to the North Dakota Department of Health website which directs them to monitor for symptoms and seek testing in the case of symptoms being present. To notify exposed students, please use the approved email template. Instructors are encouraged to be flexible with students who are positive and refer to Policy 333 for guidance on class attendance.
If you live on campus:
Information about quarantine and isolation procedures for students living in on-campus housing.