The NDSU Department of Coatings and Polymeric Materials is widely recognized as one of the top educational and research departments in its field. Summer research appointments are available for chemistry, materials science, chemical engineering and related fields, between their junior and senior years, who intend to pursue graduate studies and have an interest in polymers and coatings science. The department offers projects in the following research areas:
- Synthesis of Bio-Based Sustainable Polymers
- Synthesis of High Performance Polymers
- Polymers/Polymeric Materials for Biomedical Applications
- Polymeric Nanomaterials Synthesis and Engineering
- Computational Polymer Science
- Coatings and Corrosion Protection
- Coatings and Weathering Durability
- Superhydrophobic Polymer Coatings
Schedule and Stipend:
Dates: May 28 to August 2, 2024
Stipend: $6000 for 10 weeks
Housing: On-campus housing is available
Students are responsible for costs associated with housing and travel.
Application deadline is March 1, 2024.
Offers can be made as early as March 15, 2024
Too apply, use the link below. You will need the following:
- Letter which includes career plans and research interests
- Recommendation from an instructor
- Transcript of academic record
Submit application materials online using this link.
For additional information on this program, please contact:
Dr. Andriy Voronov
SURE Program Coordinator
"This SURE program was a blast. I had the chance to work with real research topics relevant to today’s world and I learned a lot."
-2009 SURE Participant