Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE)
We gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the Valspar Corporation.
Summer research appointments are available for chemistry, materials science, chemical engineering, and related fields, between their junior and senior years, who intend to pursue graduate studies and have an interest in Polymers and Costings Science. The NDSU Department of Coatings and Polymeric Materials is widely recognized as one of the outstanding educational and research departments in its field. The department offers projects in the following research areas:
- Coatings and Corrosion Protection
- Weathering Durability of Coatings
- Film Formation Processes
- Synthesis of High Performance Polymers
Stipend is $4,000 for 10 weeks; May 26, 2015 through July 31, 2015
Reasonable priced on-campus housing is available. Students are responsible for costs associated with housing.
- Be an undergraduate student between their Junior and Senior year for the summer of 2015
- Majoring in chemistry, materials science, chemical engineering, or a related field
- Be able to participate in a full-time (40 hours/week) research program in a professor's research group for 10 weeks in Fargo, ND
- Be able to submit a written report and make an oral presentation summarizing your research at the end of the program
Click here to apply
For additional information on this program, please contact:
Dr. Andriy Voronov
"This SURE program was a blast. I had the chance to work with real research topics relevant to today’s world and I learned a lot."
-2009 SURE Participant