Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE)
Summer research appointments are available for chemistry, materials science, chemical engineering, and related fields, between their junior and senior years, who intend to pursue graduate studies and have an interest in polymers and coatings science. The NDSU Department of Coatings and Polymeric Materials is widely recognized as one of the top educational and research departments in its field. The department offers projects in the following research areas:
- Synthesis of Bio-Based Polymers
- Synthesis of High Performance Polymers
- Coatings and Corrosion Protection
- Coatings and Weathering Durability
- Polymers/Polymeric Materials for Biomedical Applications
- Nanomaterials Engineering
Stipend is $4,000 for 10 weeks; May 29, 2018 through August 3, 2018
Reasonable priced on-campus housing is available. Students are responsible for costs associated with housing.
- Be an undergraduate student between their Junior and Senior year for the summer of 2018
- Majoring in chemistry, materials science, chemical engineering, or a related field
- Be able to participate in a full-time (40 hours/week) research program in a professor's research group for 10 weeks in Fargo, ND
- Be able to submit a written report and make an oral presentation summarizing your research at the end of the program
Application deadline is February 1, 2018.
Click here to apply
For additional information on this program, please contact:
Dr. Andriy Voronov
"This SURE program was a blast. I had the chance to work with real research topics relevant to today’s world and I learned a lot."
-2009 SURE Participant