The Department of Computer Science of North Dakota State University (NDSU) seeks to fill a tenure-track Assistant Professor position starting Spring, 2022. We seek research expertise in software engineering. NDSU offers Ph.D. degrees in Computer Science and Software Engineering. Research and teaching excellence are expected. Normal teaching loads are three courses per year. Salary is competitive. The Computer Science Department has 13 faculty, 4 Lecturers, approximately 100 graduate (Ph.D. and M.S.) students, and nearly 350 B.S./B.A. students. Fargo is a clean, growing metropolitan area of 250,000 that consistently ranks very high in national quality-of-life surveys. We have low levels of crime and pollution, excellent schools, short commutes and proximity to the Minnesota lakes country. The community has a symphony, an opera, a domed stadium, a community theater, three universities and many other opportunities for advancement, recreation and entertainment.
- Ph.D. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field
- Experience or other evidence of potential for excellence in undergraduate and graduate teaching and in research
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Qualifications preferred but not required:
- Experience in software engineering research
- Professional software development experience
- Experience with framework- and/or cloud-based software development environments
- Experience teaching a variety of software engineering topics
- Evidence of potential for guiding graduate students and mentoring undergraduate students
Review of applications begins September 15, 2021. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. NDSU is an equal opportunity institution.