Expanding Your Horizons
Saturday, April 7, 2018
8:30 a.m. to 3:40 p.m.
Bentson Bunker Fieldhouse, NDSU Campus
Expanding Your Horizons is a nationwide organization that holds regional conferences for young women in grades 7-9 to encourage and develop their career interests in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) in an effort to overcome a history of limited participation by women in these career fields.
In the 38 years Expanding Your Horizons has been brought to the Fargo-Moorhead area, it has had an impact on more than 23,000 youth. This regional conference is a tricollege effort, with collaboration from numerous community partners. View a list of recent event sponsors.
This one-day conference is held annually in April, and provides more than 50 hands-on workshop sessions each year at various locations throughout the Fargo-Moorhead area. Local professionals lead the workshops and provide students the opportunity to meet and form personal contacts with women working in traditionally male occupations. Young women in grades 7-9 from regional schools and/or who are home schooled are invited to attend the Expanding Your Horizons conference.
Individuals who need special accommodations are encouraged to notify Expanding Your Horizons in advance of this program.
You will be walking outside from building to building. Dress for the weather. These are “hands-on workshops,” so please wear close-toe shoes and clothing you would wear for working on projects.
Contact the Expanding Your Horizons coordinator in the NDSU Center for Science and Mathematics Education at 701-231-7015 or Karen.Murie@ndsu.edu
We are now accepting sponsorships for the 2018 event to be held Saturday, April 7, 2018. If you are interested in making a monetary donation or providing volunteer support, contact Karen Murie at 701-231-8638. View more information about event sponsorship.
- American Pharmacists Association-Academy of Student Pharmacists
- Concordia College
- Concordia College Bookstore
- Concordia Neuroscience Society
- Concordia College Sigma Zeta-Math & Science
- Gate City Bank
- Honor Society
- Essentia Health
- Minnesota State University Moorhead
- MSUM Bookstore
- Moore Engineering
- NDSU College of Agriculture, Food Systems & Natural Resources
- NDSU Bookstore
- NDSU College of Engineering
- NDSU College of Human Development & Education
- NDSU Department of Biological Sciences
- NDSU Department of Coatings & Polymeric Materials
- NDSU Graduate Student Association from Microbiological Sciences Dept.
- NDSU Office of Teaching & Learning
- NDSU Range Science Department
- NDSU Registration & Records
- NDSU Student Nurses Association
- Noridian Mutual Insurance Company/Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Professor Beth Ingram, Provost, NDSU
- Sanford Health
- SRF Consulting
- West Acres Shopping Center