Center of Excellence for Surface Protection (CSP)
Coatings are everywhere. North Dakota State University’s Center of Excellence for Surface Protection provides access to world-class coatings and corrosion research expertise. Building upon NDSU’s more than 100 years of research in these areas, we provide solutions to businesses competing in a global market.
What We Do
- Create, develop and test organic and inorganic soft and hard coatings and application methods
- Perform studies in corrosion control and corrosion detection
- Conduct specialty tests, measurements and analysis for research partners and collaborators to assist them in meeting their needs
- Perform accelerated exposure tests
- Provide technical consulting services for research partners and collaborators
The Center for Surface Protection is funded through a variety of federal, state and private sources. Part of the Center's mission includes stimulating economic development through market-driven research for private sector partners and collaborators.