NDSU Collaborative Technology Think Tank (CT3)
Due to the changing and shifting nature of technology, the vision of the CT3 emphasizes discovery and risk-taking as new techniques and technologies emerge in teaching and learning, while staying anchored in the disciplines represented by the university and in learning pedagogies.
The mission of CT3 is to provide NDSU with a flexible, forward thinking vehicle for the discovery and application of innovative technologies for teaching and learning to the disciplines practiced at North Dakota State University.
Goals and Objectives
- Goal: Choose an emerging technology to study on an annual basis. Objective for 2008/2009: Purchase and populate an NDSU island on 2nd Life.
- Goal: Design yearly conferences on emerging technologies at NDSU. Objective: Focus the conference in Spring 09 on the 2nd Life Island.
- Goal: Participate in international, national, and regional conferences. Objective: Attend and present at the annual EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI) meeting, January 2010.
- Goal: Request and maintain funding
- Goal: Create a web presence to collect, publicize, and disseminate NDSU's learning technology efforts.
- Goal: Collaborate on scholarship and whitepaper creation.
- Goal: Create a dialogue with University policy writers in matters relating to social media.