FLP 1: Project Food, Land & People
The course is designed to provide meaningful activities, instructional strategies, materials, and research to enhance the teaching skills of Pre-K- 12th grade educators in subjects related to food, land and people. The participants will have educational tools to help their students better understand the interdependence of agriculture, the environment, and human needs through, social studies, geography, technology, and more. This lessons in multiple curriculum areas: science, health, consumer education, mathematics course is designed to provide educators with resource information and education materials that are supplementary and across the curriculum in PreK-12. Resources for the course will be two CD’s of lessons titled “Resources for Learning” and “Eat Well, Be Well,” and will include additional books, kits, maps, PowerPoints and other materials provided during the workshop.
1. Understand how agricultural concepts can be integrated into the curriculum. To heighten the awareness level of how agriculture impacts our raw resources, processing, and our relationship with food, land, and people.
2. Use lessons available in FLP, guide group activities (large, small, and cooperative,) provide for individual differences and learning styles, and evaluates students’ learning.
3. Develop understanding, thinking skills, creativity, and improve communication skills in the learning environment with students.
4. To use FLP lessons and see how they integrate curriculum and are aligned to the North Dakota standards. See ND FLP Alignment at www.ndaginclassroom.org Heading FLP Curriculum Standards, or ND Standards www.state.nd.us/espb
5. Identify and use appropriate learning activities to integrate social concerns and social perspectives regarding food, land, and people issues.
6. To use instructional media FLP CD.
"Amazing class! Thank you so much."
"I love these classes! My students really benefit from the great ideas and lesson plans. Who wouldn't want fun, teacher-tested lessons?
"This was a wonderful course with information I can easily incorporate into my class. Presenters are excellent in their knowledge and help to bring a love of the information and proper education together. Thank you so much."
"This class was so much fun! We learned a lot of fun activities that I am going to take back to my classroom."
"Food, Land, & People was a great experience. I can take what I learned & apply it to my own classroom. Kids will love these lessons."
"Food, Land, & People was an informative course. I learned a lot and had fun doing it. The presenters were entertaining and engaging."
"Ginger and Jill (instructors) were fantastic. Interesting lessons and stories. Work well together. Class had a good flow. Very little down time we were going/working/talking all the time. Excellent class."