Cognia Quality Assurance Review 2021
This workshop will consist of a review of accreditation standards, team building skills and the process of reviewing evidence and making recommendations in conducting and serving as a member of an accreditation review team. You must be assigned to an Engagement Review Team through the Cognia ND Operations Office prior to registering for this course.
As a result of their participation in this workshop, participants will develop and demonstrate the following outcomes:
- Understanding of the Cognia Accreditation Model for school improvement and accreditation;
- Ability to analyze data in relation to the Cognia Standards;
- Develop the knowledge and skills to collaborate as a QAR team member;
- Reflection on educational practices that relate to their own professional educational experience.
"I received many valuable experiences from this opportunity such as going through the AdvancED Process gives your school common goals to work towards to better the education of your students. It is interesting to be a part of other schools' environments; and as an educator, it allows me to reflect on my own teaching practices."
"It was a very valuable experience to see what is all in a school visitation. There's a lot of work, collaboration, and time spent to make sure everything is done in a short amount of time."
"Most valuale thing that I took from this course was how to look at my own teaching and see where my strengths and weaknesses are in preparing for the coming year. It also helped in that it allowed me to see where my classroom and our schools have holes that need to be tightened up."
"Serving on an evaluation team was the most valuable professional development I've experienced in many years. Taking the online courses, using the rubrics for classroom observations and communicating with other team members and school personnel all provided tools for me to improve my classroom and teaching."
"The experience was the most valuable. I was able to see how the review process is conducted. It was very informational and I am able to better prepare the staff for this process."
- March 30 - ZOOM (9:00 a.m.) General Orientation Meeting: dates vary = ½ hr.
- Cognia Team Member Online Training = 2 hrs.
- Cognia eleot™ Observation Online Training = 4 hrs.
- April 8 - ZOOM (9:00 a.m.) Team Assignment Meeting: dates vary = 1 hr.
- External Review Day 1: 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. = 3½ hrs.
- External Review Day 2: 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. = 12½ hrs.
- External Review Day 3: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. = 7½ hrs.
- External Review Online Evaluation Tool = ½ hr.