Technology in the Classroom, Part 1
This course will introduce classroom teachers to a variety of electronic and digital technology that can be implemented in the teaching/learning process as well as used to engage 21st Century students in the classroom. This course will also allow teachers the time necessary to reach a high degree of competence to and develop self-efficacy in these various technology platforms. Finally, this course will provide teachers an opportunity to begin to implement these technologies into their respective course curricula.
- The students will be able to explain the research and rationale for incorporating various technologies in the classroom.
- The students will be able to demonstrate competency in a variety technology platforms used in the classroom.
- The students will be able to utilize a variety of technology platforms to help increase student engagement as well as modify certain class assignments by integrating technologies.
1. Reliable access to the Internet and a computer
2. Text: None. Materials will be disseminated electronically.
"I learned a lot of different technology platforms that I can use with students and parents."
"I really enjoyed using Google Classroom, in particular on the student side - as it let me see and learn how my students use Google Classroom."
"I loved trying out all the different types of technology. I will be using Jing and the QR code a lot this year."
"The host of new resources I was able to experience and accumulate is very valuable."
"The projects completed throughout the course will be used in my classroom."