SchoolsAlive! Active PE
This course provides an understanding of the basics of physical education as well as the importance and benefits of daily school-wide physical activity. Physical education teachers will be given a refresher of the foundations of physical education as well as learn how to research and implement a variety of methodologies to activate a Comprehensive School Physical Activity Program (CSPAP) via the national Active Schools (AS) framework. An emphasis will be placed on developing quality physical education through appropriate instructional strategies, technology applications, and current resources.
- Student will be able to describe the national Active Schools initiative and each of the five components of a CSPAP.
- Students will be able to define quality physical education and identify various strategies, tools, and resources to develop quality programs.
- Students will be able to implement the Reasoned Action Model to reflect on personal teaching experiences.
1. Gmail account (email address)
- We have found that most Gmail accounts tied to a school DO NOT work with Google Classroom, our course learning management system. If you have an account through your school, we are happy to try, but just know that most of the time it doesn’t seem to work. If that happens or if you don’t already have a Gmail email address, you will simply need to make a Gmail account (free) so we can add you to Google Classroom.
2. Reliable access to the Internet and a computer.
3. Materials will be disseminated electronically.