Educator Innovation Lab
Launch into the school year with the Ignite Learning Summit August 13. Get a spark of inspiration from 2019 ND Teacher of the Year and founder of Top Dog Teaching, Kayla Donfeld (Delzer). Then engage with area educators as you fuel your learning with a variety of dynamic breakout sessions. From technology integration to educational innovation, this summit is just what you need to get fired up for the new school year.
Then, put all your Ignite Learning Summit ideas into action with the Educator Innovation Lab August 14. Through a variety of hands-on collaborative activities, you’ll use design thinking to create a lesson or activity, outline a unit, or craft a solution to a classroom challenge. Working with peers and armed with inspiration from the August 13 sessions, you’ll leave with concrete plans for your classroom. Basically, get credit for tackling challenges and redesigning lessons. This is the ultimate in personalized professional development.
- reflection on ideas, resources, and best practices shared during the June 3 workshop;
- identify a technique, idea, resource, best practice they think would improve student learning and/or teacher satisfaction in their classroom;
- gain inspiration from other educators and through hands-on collaborative activities;
- design/redesign a lesson, activity, unit or course;
- support each other by providing feedback to help make each other’s ideas even better.
Required Student Resources:
- Reliable Wifi connection