Working with the At-Risk Adolescent
This course is designed to help educators understand the at-risk adolescent in the classroom. In this course educators will explore why adolescents may be at-risk, strategies to help with at-risk behaviors, and establish resources to help with classroom management.
Students enrolled in the class will…
- Understand the various life conditions of the at-risk adolescent.
- Reflect on current practices with at-risk students and grow in methods to better relationships with these students.
- Reflect on communication techniques with adolescents and their support systems.
- Understand different behavioral interventions that can lead to positive class dynamics.
- Provide resources to continue to learn and grow when faced with situations at work.
There will be no required textbook. Readings will be assigned via blackboard for each module.