Leadership Game Plan/ND SHAPE Conf 2018
This course will utilize the book Jamison Coach Wooden’s Leadership Game Plan for Success 12 lessons for Extraordinary Performance and Personal Excellence as a basis for discussion of inspirational practical techniques and proven philosophies to develop leaders and leadership skills. Professionals will work on a plan to implement knowledge from the text in order to develop the young leaders in their classroom as well as increase their own leadership skills.
Teachers will understand:
- Origins of leadership and develop a set of core values.
- The Pyramid of Success and discuss how to teach that to students.
- Personal exploration into each block of the pyramid and written reflection for each value.
- 12 lessons in leadership to implement in teacher and student leadership styles.
- Reflection and its usefulness in becoming and sustaining good leadership qualities.
Required Student Resources:
John Wooden and Steve Jamison Coach Wooden’s Leadership Game Plan For Success 12 lessons for Extraordinary Performance and Personal Excellence, 2009 McGraw Hill, ISBN: 978-0-07-162614-9