Dignity Revolution/ND SHAPE 2019
The course will be an opportunity for professionals to select which sessions at the ND SHAPE conference they will attend, learn from and implement in their class. In addition to the 8 hr. conference, educators will be asked to read the text Dignity Revolution and implement at least one of the 9 lessons from the text – 5½ hrs. Participants will have 10 days from the completion of the conference to implement learning and then attend an online 1½ hr. share out/reflection session with peers from around the state.
Teachers will understand:
- Networking and learning opportunities through attending ND SHAPE conference.
- High Quality Resources available to support best practices in teaching.
- 9 Different key lessons to creating a dignity revolution.
- Concepts of conference theme “TRIUMPHS” Teaching Responsible, Innovative, Understanding, Mindful, Passionate, Healthy Students.
- Implementing at least one activity learned from the ND SHAPE Conference.
- Implement or have a plan for potential implementation of one of the nine lessons from the Dignity Revolution Text.
Required Student Resources:
Dignity Revolution Standing Up for the Value of Every Person Bob Lenz with Deborah L. Tackmann. https://www.amazon.com/DIGNITY-REVOLUTION-STANDING-VALUE-PERSON-ebook/dp/B00ZUVB5PI/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=Dignity+Revolution&qid=1565203375&s=gateway&sr=8-2