Calm the Chaos™ Conference 2019
This two-day conference is designed for educators and pediatric therapists who want to learn how to better manage behavior in the classroom and/or clinic. Sessions include understanding behavior, sensory processing, de-escalation techniques, fostering independents in children, a make-and-take calm down tool, and a scenario Q & A. Participants will be required to sign in at the beginning of each day and receive a stamp for each session attended. Following the conference, participants will submit a final project in the form of an action plan on how they plan to integrate what they have learned into their professional practice.
- Participants will gain a full understanding of sensory processing, including how to meet their student’s sensory needs in the classrooms.
- Participants will learn about a variety of sensory items and create a make-and-take Calm Down Tool to utilize with their students in the classroom.
- Participants will learn how to create tools and routines that kids want to follow without using sticker charts, clip down charts or removing recess
- Participants will practice de-escalation techniques and behavior management in the classroom, including a “hot seat” session in which they can ask questions on specific scenarios from their classroom.
- Participants will synthesize strategies learned at the conference in the form of an action plan stating how they will be implemented in the classroom.
Required Student Resources:
- Computer with high-speed Internet connection
- Attendance to the Calm the Chaos™ Conference