Introduction to Move Mindfully
This workshop enables participants to deepen their understanding of the impact of trauma and stress on both educators and students. Using the latest in brain science research learn practical interventions to assist youth with self-regulation, focus, de-escalation, and community connection. Through hands-on learning, reflection and discussion participants will apply breathing exercises, simple regulated-movement, relaxation techniques and social/emotional skill development activities into the CASEL SEL Domains: Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Social Awareness, Relationship Skills, and Responsible Decision-Making.
- Review neuroscience and examine the impact of trauma and stress on the nervous system
- Relate breathing, movement and mindfulness practices to the Social/Emotional/Learning Standards(CASEL)
- Practice breathing techniques, regulating movement and mindfulness activities for desired effect(focused, energized, connected, and present)
- Design trauma responsive sequences and interventions for 1:1, small and large group.
- Create sustainable practices for adult self-regulation