Autism Spectrum Disorder, Part 1
Educators will increase their knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorders in the home, school, workplace, or community. Participants will be required to complete 15 hours of modules online, submit discussion and reflection posts, and complete a two page reflection paper. All requirements for the course will be completed online and will not meet face-to-face. Students will choose from 48 different topic areas to create a unique learning experience tailored to their individual needs/interests. All materials are online.
- Increase their knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorders in a variety of areas.
- Increase their knowledge of possible types of intervention of treatment for students with an Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Show an understanding of the modules they have completed by having an increased or higher score on the post-test versus the pre-test.
- Participate in online discussions and reflections via Blackboard and FlipGrid as they align with the dates and timeframes outlined in the topical outline below.
- Write a 2-page reflection paper (per credit) on what you have learned and how you will apply this information to your teaching. Include the form below indicating your name and the modules completed. This must be completed and submitted to Blackboard by February 26th, 2020.
"Class was informative and worthwhile."
"I liked being able to choose what modules I do so I can find ones that are relevant to me. I also liked the FlipGrid and chat boards so I could see what other people were doing. It helped me find new modules I was interested in."
"I enjoyed the variety of content that can be applied to my profession."
"The opportunity to choose modules made the course relevant to my teaching."
"I liked that we can tailor the modules to our own interests or areas we would like to develop."