Innovative Schools, Part 2
How do we empower students to thrive in a changing world? Throughout the six weeks of this course, participants will read Bringing Innovation to School and Genius Hour to gain insights and inspiration about how educators can harness innovation to foster students’ thinking. Through online discussions and reflections, teachers will be offered a vision of what school could be and models of how to get there.
Participants will be able to…
- Understand what is currently working in schools and what is not.
- Learn the impact of innovation and project-based learning on student learning.
- Develop ideas to create lesson plans that include critical thinking and problem solving.
- Assess the current goal of school.
- Determine the steps to take to begin implementing innovation and project-based learning into the curriculum for all students.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge about what being an innovative school means and looks like.
Required Student Resources:
- Computer with online access
- Text: Bringing Innovation to School by Suzie Boss by Suzie Boss, 2012 Solution Tree Press, ISBN: 9781936765263
- Text: Genius Hour by Andi McNair by Andi McNair, 2017 Prufrock Press, ISBN: 9781618216342