Ag in the Classroom/Farming the Red River Valley
The 2020 farm tour is going to the eastern part of the state. Join us as we visit the Red River Valley area to learn about how farming in eastern North Dakota is different from that in the west. This tour will depart Minot. We will visit agriculture related businesses from Devils Lake to Grand Forks. The tour will visit beet and potatoes fields and processing plants. We will visit the North Dakota State Mill and Elevator to learn about the nation’s only state-owned flour plant. We will spend one night in Grand Forks. Participants will be allowed to join us in Devils Lake if that is more convenient. (Lodging and some meals will be covered by NDGA.) Tuition fee for one credit is $50 and $50 class fee.
1) Familiarize participants with the various aspects of North Dakota diversified agriculture.
2) Provide an opportunity to experience the family farm first hand.
3) Educate teachers on the importance of preparing students for an ag related career.
4) Stimulate educators to share information with their classrooms.
- Notebook internet device would be helpful.