ND Council Tchrs of Engl 2020
The North Dakota Council of Teachers of English conference professional development credit will focus on discussion and presentations in reading and writing from authors H.D. Hunter and Ebony Thomas in addition to Cornelius Minor.
Students will be able to:
- actively participate in meaningful discussion in accordance with the selected texts read.
- work collaboratively with fellow ELA colleagues.
- connect the text to their current teaching goals.
"Great resources and variety of methods offered to assess learning."
"Overall a great experience and it caused me to reconsider my classroom and teaching style."
"I am always encouraged, enlightened, and engaged at the NDCTE conferences. Thanks officers, members, presenters, and teachers. Collaboration creates colleagues."
"Great discussions with other English teachers and learning new skills and techniques from them."
"The speakers were excellent once again - not only engaging personalities, but the content was very applicable."
"The course was well-organized with great speakers. The topics and speakers offered great ideas and advice, which will be very applicable to my classroom."
Required Student Resources:
Either of the selected texts: Torment: A Novella "or" The Dark Fantastic
- Ebony Thomas, The Dark Fantastic: Race and the Imagination from Harry Potter to the Hunger Games (Postmillennial Pop), 1st Ed., 2019, NYU Press, 978-1479800650, $27.49
- H.D. Hunter, Torment: A Novella, 2018, 978-0692067536, $11.95