FLP Ag Elevated Virtual Summit
This course is designed to provide educators with agricultural literacy professional training with online workshops provided by the National Agriculture in the Classroom Virtual Summit June 24-25. Twelve, one-hour workshops that are geared for K-12 are scheduled for the two-day summit. This course will utilize the elementary level workshops provided June 24th and secondary level workshops June 25th by the Virtual Summit with additional lessons and resources from the National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix. The Matrix is an online, searchable, standards-based curriculum map for K-12 teachers. The course will provide an overview of strategies, materials, curriculum development, and research related to assisting the K-12th grade educators to better understand the interdependence of agriculture, the environment, and human needs through lessons in multiple curriculum areas: reading, writing, science, health, consumer education, mathematics, social studies, geography, STEM and more.
- Provide educators with current agricultural professional development training by National Center for Agriculture Literacy (NCAL) curriculum specialists to understand larger concepts such as ecosystem balance, diversity, sustainability, watersheds and community.
- Use workshops available through the National Agriculture in the Classroom Virtual Summit 2020 with current educational concepts to help teachers with group activities (large, small, and cooperative), provide for individual differences and learning styles, and evaluate student' learning using agricultural content.
- Develop understanding, thinking skills, creativity, and improve communication skills in the learning environment with students.
- Use workshops from the Virtual Summit and AITC Matrix lessons to demonstrate how they integrate into current curriculum.
- Identify and use appropriate learning activities to integrate social concerns and social perspectives regarding food, land, and people issues.
Required Student Resources:
- Computer with zoom capabilities.