Nurtured Heart Approach
The Nurtured Heart Approach is a social emotional curriculum which will transform any relationship in a person’s life. By investing one’s energy in the present moment and in a positive manner one will actually enhance the inner wealth or portfolio of each individual resulting in a shift in behavior and self- concept.
- The educator will understand that a child’s behavior can be changed by noticing and creating successes for the child. A strong positive reaction to desired behavior as well as a neutral reaction to unwanted behavior will foster a change in the child’s attitude and actions. In addition the child’s inner wealth will be developed and strengthened resulting in a desire to achieve even more.
- The educator will gain increased awareness of his/her own approach and beliefs regarding behavior change.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Through reading, class discussion, practical application, role playing and journaling, students will:
- Understand the basic premises of The Nurtured Heart Approach.
- Understand the process of replacing a student’s negative portfolio with a positive one, in order to foster success and self worth.
- Acquire the skills related to using The Nurtured Heart Approach strategies and concepts and apply them in the classroom.
- Gain an understanding of the difference between creating successes for challenging children and emphasizing their failures.
- Learn the process of instilling values and following rules by recognizing a child’s positive actions.
"This was definitely 2 days well spent. The instructor was organized, professional & demonstrated throughout the course that she practices what she preaches."
"Learned a lot in 2 days - I will bring this approach into my classroom."
"Great information/concept - well prepared - good activities."