Principles of effective human learning. Discussion of learning theories, the teacher as a director of learning experiences, and factors influencing students representing a variety of cultures and abilities in the educational setting.
The students will…
- Identify the major principles of behavorial, cognitive, and social theories of learning.
- Apply the principles of these major learning theories to classroom teaching.
- Apply the principles of these major learning theories to special needs populations.
- Identify and apply theories of human development.
- Explore the role of educational psychology and classroom research in teaching.
- Apply learning theories to planning, motivation, management, and evaluation.
- Identify the relationships among the major theoretical bases for classroom practice.
- Compare current classroom practice with reports of research findings.
- Consider the connections among theory, research, classroom planning, interaction, and evaluation.
- Generate and test hypothesis about classroom learning.
"The instructor was very helpful in any questions I had and was very understanding. The course helped with learning to navigate the system."
"Good information, very informative."
"I enjoyed the writing and reading assignments."
"Course was concise and very useful."
"Very good information for teachers/administrators."
Byrnes, James P. (2008). Cognitive Development and Learning: In Instructional Contexts. Pearson Education, ISBN-13: 978-0-205-50771-9
Book can be ordered from Amazon @ http://www.amazon.com