Principles of effective human learning. Discussion of learning theories, the teacher as a director of learning experiences, and factors influencing students representing a variety of cultures and abilities in the educational setting.
The students will…
- Identify the major principles of behavorial, cognitive, and social theories of learning.
- Apply the principles of these major learning theories to classroom teaching.
- Apply the principles of these major learning theories to special needs populations.
- Identify and apply theories of human development.
- Explore the role of educational psychology and classroom research in teaching.
- Apply learning theories to planning, motivation, management, and evaluation.
- Identify the relationships among the major theoretical bases for classroom practice.
- Compare current classroom practice with reports of research findings.
- Consider the connections among theory, research, classroom planning, interaction, and evaluation.
- Generate and test hypothesis about classroom learning.
Byrnes, James P. (2008). Cognitive Development and Learning: In Instructional Contexts. Pearson Education, ISBN-13: 978-0-205-50771-9
Book can be ordered from the NDSU Bookstore or from http://www.amazon.com