Q: I want to add an online class, how do I do that?
Before adding an online class to your course schedule, consider the following:
- Know what the deadline is for adding a class.
- Know what resources are available to help students in online classes succeed.
- Is your learning style compatible with online learning? If so, go ahead and register. If not, consider what you might need to do to be successful in an online class.
- Are there other benefits that online classes might provide you? (ex. flexibility in your schedule, less fuel to get to campus, can you convert the time commuting to campus into study time, will this help you balance work/family life)
- Know what the drop deadlines are, in the event that you decide you don't want the class. It is harder to get refunded for dropping the class after that deadline.