Building Community Workshop
Instructor: Darcy Bakkegard
Thursday, October 19, 2017 - Friday, December 01, 2017
Meet October 19 (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) + outside additional hours
Instruction Mode: Combination
Location: ND Farmers Union Convention Center, Jamestown, ND
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $50
Join Prairie Public Broadcasting, PBS Education, and educators from across North Dakota for a day of skill building and networking. This interactive summit will provide opportunities to connect and collaborate with like-minded educators, devote time to reflect on your practice, discuss barriers that impede your work, and engage in problem-solving activities to help design solutions to unique pedagogical challenges.
- learn practical techniques to deepen student mastery of concepts.
- identify challenges that impede or limit student success.
- identify strategies for personal improvement to help aid student success.
- be empowered to implement ideas into their current classroom.
- engage in meaningful goal setting to enhance student learning.
Required Student Resources:
- Reliable Wifi connection
- Cell phone or other camera
About The Instructor
Darcy received her M.S. in Secondary Education from the University of Wisconsin and earned her B.A. in Theatre Arts from Minnesota State University and has 8+ years teaching experience.
This event requires pre-registration @ http://to.pbs.org/PrairiePublicTeacherSummit2017.