Educator Innovation Lab
Instructor: Darcy Bakkegard
Saturday, September 22, 2018 - Friday, December 07, 2018
Instruction Mode: Combination
Location: , ,
Available Seats: 20
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $50
The Educator Innovation Lab is a class in which teachers can get credit for engaging in action research to create meaningful change for themselves and their students. This is the ultimate in personalized professional development.
STEP 1: Attend an in-person Educator Innovation Lab Inspiration Workshop to identify an area for growth/change and create an action research plan.
STEP 2: Choose your own adventure: use a variety of webinars and collaborative workshops, read articles, go on classroom visits to research your challenge. Then test ideas and play with possible solutions. Brainstorm with other educators to further flesh out your plan.
STEP 3: Create your new lesson, unit, or course plan.
STEP 4: Implement & Reflect.
- gain inspiration from other educators and through hands-on collaborative activities.
- identify challenges that impede or limit student success and target those areas for action research.
- explore and synthesize ideas from a variety of sources for personal improvement to help aid student success.
- design/redesign a unit, lesson, or course based on their action-research focus.
- support each other by providing feedback to help make each other’s ideas even better.
Required Student Resources:
- Attend an Inspiration Workshop
- Reliable Wifi connection
About The Instructor
Darcy received her M.S. Secondary Education, English Education from University of Wisconsin, River Falls, WI and earned her B.A. Theatre Arts, emphasis in Directing & Acting from Minnesota State Univesity, Moorhead, MN. Darcy has several years teaching experience and currently is the Teacher Ambassador for PBS.
Registration window will be October 15 - 31, 2018. Limited enrollment.