The Personalized PD Challenge
Instructor: Darcy Bakkegard
Tuesday, June 01, 2021 - Saturday, July 31, 2021
Course completion: August 6, 2021
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Available Seats: 24 of 25
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $100
Personalize your professional development with this 30-Day PD Challenge. In about 30 minutes a day, you’ll turn your ideas to improve teaching and learning into ACTION and nurture your natural desire to be a change-maker. You’ll practice the very skills we strive to pass-on to students, including design thinking, project management how-to, self-care, and gratitude.
Plus, gain a simple step-by-step idea implementation process perfect to help you personalize any future PD, foster collaboration with colleagues, or lead PBLs with your students. It’s PD that’s all about YOU!
- Daily video overview with instructions and (hopefully) a touch of inspiration.
- 30 clear, focused tasks, one each day (about 30 minutes/day). If you miss a day, no worries! Just hop back on the next day (or the next). The goal is to transform PD from a chore into a purposeful daily practice.
- Downloadable graphic organizers.
- Calendar outlining all 30 days, with an estimated time for each day.
- The option to collaborate with teachers across the country doing the challenge.
- Additional optional activities and resources for those wanting a bit more.
- reflect on their teaching successes and frustrations;
- identify proven strategies to help them improve teaching and learning;
- create a targeted response to one teaching frustration;
- develop strategies for self-care to help them weather the ups and downs of teaching;
- practice using a problem-solving and project management tool that provides:
- a system to integrate future PD into their teaching practice;
- structure for collaboration with colleagues;
- support for student-led lessons and PBLs.
The Educator Canvas (Free download)
Various Graphic Organizers (All provided for download)
- By Michelle Blanchet & Darcy Bakkegard
- Times 10 Publishing
- ISBN-10: 1948212218 ISBN-13: 978-1948212212
About The InstructorDarcy Bakkegard
Darcy received her M.S. Secondary Education, English Education from University of Wisconsin, River Falls, WI and earned her B.A. Theatre Arts, emphasis in Directing & Acting from Minnesota State Univesity, Moorhead, MN. Darcy has several years teaching experience and previously worked as the Teacher Ambassador for PBS.
Summer registrations begin March 1, 2021. URL will close June 15th @ 5:00 p.m.