Offer a Class
It is important that school districts provide staff development to help educators stay up-to-date on the latest teaching methods, curriculum, and technologies. We welcome school districts nationwide to offer professional development for their teachers through NDSU Distance and Continuing Education. If you plan to offer a face-to-face class for teachers in your school or district and would like to offer professional development credit, consider requesting approval through NDSU Distance and Continuing Education. Read more about the approval process on our We Learn Together Blog.
Individuals interested in offering a K-12 professional development class must have a master's degree or higher from a regionally accredited university. Read more about who can teach a professional development class.
To offer a class for K-12 teachers you must complete the course proposal and course syllabus forms below. All classes offered are approved through NDSU Distance and Continuing Education and the appropriate NDSU department.
About Offering a Class
Before you fill out the paperwork to offer a class, please read through the following information.
- Ensure students register in a timely manner. In accordance with NDSU policy, only course participants who have enrolled and paid their fees by the enrollment deadline for each course will be considered enrolled. Online registration URLs close within seven to ten business days after the start of the course with the exception of an online course, in which all registrations must be submitted by the end of that specific semester.
- Late registrations will be issued a $25 late fee. In the case of a late registration, the original credit registration fee plus a late fee of $25 will be assessed.
- Retroactive course enrollments have a time limit. Requests for retroactive enrollment will only be permitted until 4 weeks after the start date of the course.
- Grade submission. Grades need to be submitted to the NDSU Distance and Continuing Education no later than 5 business days after the course completion date. All students on the grade roster need to have a grade noted. In no case is a student's grade to be left blank.
- Your contract. The professional development offering/contract will be emailed to you with highlighted information regarding URL closing date as well as grade submittal deadline.
Professional Development Forms
All professional development offerings through NDSU Distance and Continuing Education must be approved prior to being offered for credit. The following forms are for use when offering a professional development credit activity for teachers through NDSU Distance and Continuing Education.
Use this form to propose a class offered for professional development credit for K-12 teachers.
Once you have completed the course proposal form (above), use the course syllabus form to submit a course syllabus electronically. Or, you may email a syllabus that includes all of the items from the electronic form to Barb Schumacher.
Evaluation Form (PDF)
Evaluation Form (Microsoft Word Document)
Use this form for student evaluations of your professional development class. Return all forms to NDSU Distance and Continuing Education at PO Box 6050 NDSU Dept 2605 Fargo, ND 58108.
Multi-Campus Proposal Form for K-12
Use this form to propose a class offered for professional development credit through the multi-campus agreement.
NDSU_MiSU_UND_Eval.doc (Microsoft Word Document)
When credit for a professional development class is approved through multi-campus approval process, use this form for student evaluations of the course. Return all forms to NDSU Distance and Continuing Education at PO Box 6050 NDSU Dept 2605 Fargo, ND 58108.