Reasons students enroll in online courses with NDSU DCE
Posted on Nov, 13 2013
NDSU Distance and Continuing Education conducted a student survey from 2008 to Fall semester of 2013 that included over 20,000 student responses. Some of the most interesting statistics from the survey respondents are detailed below. View the infographic below for additional details from the survey
- 85% of NDSU students indicate convenience, competing work and/or personal schedules, and on-campus course unavailability as reasons to enroll in online courses.
- 47% are between 17 and 21 years of age.
- 52% have taken 2 to 5 online classes throughout their degree program.
- 56% have taken 2 to 5 NDSU online classes throughout their degree program.
- 86% would take another online class at NDSU.