In the News: NDSU staff win ADDY Awards
Posted on Mar, 28 2013
Featured in: It's Happening at State, Volume 5, Issue 6, 3/28/2013
NDSU employees recently won several awards at the 2012 American Advertising Federation of North Dakota’s ADDY Awards. Advertising professionals from across the state submitted 423 entries in 102 categories, which were evaluated by a panel of out-of-state judges.
Winning entries from the Publications Services office:
Gold ADDY Awards
• NDSU Archives brochure, done for NDSU Archives
• Theatre season campaign, done for NDSU Theatre department
• Land Grant Summit materials, done for NDSU Land Grant Summit
• Herd Hankie, done for the NDSU Alumni Association
• Bison Arts Gala invitation, done for NDSU Fine Arts Silver ADDY Awards
• Take Back the Night invitation, done for NDSU Student Life
• Music Summer Symposium brochure, done for NDSU Fine Arts
• NDSU Viewbook, done for the Office of Admission
• Governor’s School campaign, done for North Dakota Governor’s School
• Bison Football Season Ticket mailer, done for NDSU Athletics
Staff honored for their work included Brad Clemenson, Janelle Kistner, Rebekka DeVries, Beth Hagemeister, Katie Elenberger, Morgan Davy, Dan Koeck, Kathy Laid and Anne Robinson-Paul.
Winning entries from the Distance and Continuing Education office:
Gold ADDY Awards
• Non-Credit Classes Catalog, for NDSU DCE
• Annual Report 2013, for NDSU DCE
• Reimagine Postcards, for NDSU DCE
• USB Information and Freebies Package, for NDSU DCE Silver ADDY Awards
• App Microsite, for NDSU DCE
• Holiday Greeting, for NDSU DCE
• RSVP+ Academic Achievement Cards, for NDSU DCE
DCE staff honored included Ludvik Herrera, Jason Gunkel, Theresa Kjelgaard, Connie Jadrny, Saumya Singh and Jeff Knight.
The ADDY Awards are a national creative awards competition and a program of the American Advertising Federation. Each year, AAF members from around the country enter more than 60,000 samples of their best work, making the ADDYs the world’s largest advertising competition. Gold winners from the North Dakota contest advance to the District 8 competition, which includes all local winners from North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota and Wisconsin. Gold winners at this level advance to the national competition.
Entries are judged in diverse categories such as sales promotion, interactive media, print, radio and television advertising, as well as categories for work completed by area college students.